- Our multidisciplinary ECMO focus group was established in 2018. We currently have 50 plus members representing 30 CHNC sites and are actively growing.
- Members include neonatologists, pediatric surgeons, advanced practice providers, trainees and data abstractors.
- The agenda for monthly meetings varies but typically includes a combination of interesting patient case discussions, updates on ECMO technology, literature review, ongoing research projects, future research projects, and the creation of consensus guidelines and other educational material.
Mission & Goals
Encourage collaboration between centers to share knowledge and foster research in an effort toimprove short and long-term outcomes of neonates treated with ECMO.
- The CHNC ECMO focus group is recognized as one of the leading forums regarding expertise for the care of neonatal ECMO patients in the U.S. and Canada.
- We have established a network of peers with neonatal ECMO expertise readily available for consultative advice for all CHNC sites and members
- Members of our focus group are actively involved in leadership and planning committees of ECMO-related national annual meetings, including ELSO (Extracorporeal Life Support Organization), NeoHeart, and the Annual ECMO and Advanced Therapies for Cardiovascular and Respiratory Failure Symposium, Keystone, CO
- Since 2018, the CHNC ECMO FG members have been invited to speak, moderate sessions, and present original research annually at numerous national and international meetings, including the Pediatric Academic Societies, ELSO, Euro ELSO, and Keystone
- Our focus group actively encourages participation and supports research projects involving neonatology fellows and trainees from other disciplines