The CHNC Neonatal-Perinatal Digital Health was launched in 2020. It is a forum for collaboration and exchange of experiences across the CHNC network to assess the current and establish the future use of digital health in the NICU setting to improve the quality and access to care for neonates in the United States and beyond.
Mission & Goals
Evaluate Telehealth from the perspective of a patient’s care journey in the field of neonatology
- Evaluate Telehealth from the perspective of a patient’s care journey in the field of neonatology
- Establish a collaborative forum to conduct neonatal telehealth research and QI studies evaluating the effectiveness and value of utilizing telemedicine.
- Collaboration across the CHNC centers to identify future opportunities in utilizing tele-medicine in neonatology.
- Create a Neonatal Telehealth Database for health outcomes and quality.
- The advocacy of equal healthcare access for all neonates using telemedicine
- Survey to assess telemedicine applications in the field of Neonatology
- Phase 1 of tele-transport study evaluating the attitudes and expectations about utilizing Telemedicine to manage critical neonatal transport.
- Remote monitoring use for infants requiring home NG or G-tube feeds
- Telemedicine applications and factors that might affect discharge